Kettering Carnival began in it's present format in 1948.When Bill Roe who was partially blind suggested we run a carnival where the proceeds go to the blind.
This was agreed and the Miniature Rifle Club began work, even though they stood to lose £300.00 if it failed.
The first parade started in the Headlands then proceeded into the High Street
where it was greeted by a huge crowd who had come to see the Carnival.
The parade was a success and raised over £1000.00 for the local blind and was the forerunner for today's events.
The Carnival was following a fine tradition as it was once called the Queen Alexandra's Rose Day then followed by the Kettering Hospital Parade which was run every year until the Hospital ceased to rely on private funds.
(REGISTERED UNDER CHARITY No 204850)
ALL PROCEEDS TO THE LOCAL BLIND